New Window Installations in Westwood
Get your residential windows expertly installed from Zen Windows near Westwood for an easy experience that provides quality results. There are so many styles and features to choose from that it can be hard for any homeowner to decide which type is right for them. While you could do research online, there is the potential that you may be misinformed or read information that isn’t accurate. Speaking to professionals with industry know-how, a good grasp of numerous products, and years of experience handling installations will be a better way to make your final decision. You can take advantage of our specialization by clearing up any questions before you continue with your residential window installation job.
We're known for our unmatched customer service and window styles from top manufacturers that go above and beyond to meet your satisfaction. Our high-performance windows are constructed from long-lasting, quality materials and they are also backed by an industry-leading warranty that you’re not likely to find anywhere else. Zen Windows is the best place to go for your new window installation services in Westwood.
Will Installing New Windows Boost Your Home Value?
A new window installation has one of the best returns on investment of any home improvement project. Homeowners in Westwood recoup as much as 70-85% of their new window installation costs when they sell their homes. That means if you have $1,000 worth of costs for your residential window installation project, the real estate value can grow to $850. But the overall value grows exponentially when you include energy savings.
Homeowners' energy efficiency is one of the top priorities today, which is why homebuyers are willing to spend more for properties with newly installed windows. Modern, energy-efficient windows make it easier to regulate regulate inside temperature by closing off the interior of your home from the outside weather. A strong seal will reduce stress on your heating and cooling systems, substantially lowering your monthly energy bills and literally letting the window installation to pay for itself over time.
What Makes Windows Energy-Efficient?
All homeowners in Westwood should take an interest in optimizing their energy efficiency. The advantages include increasing your property value, decreasing your monthly energy bills, minimizing stress and overuse of your HVAC system, and bettering your family’s comfort. With a window installation company like Zen Windows in Westwood, you’ll also be get to make your home more beautiful with the many styles of energy-efficient windows we offer.
Some basic factors make an energy-efficient window: the sort of window (single-hung, double-hung, etc.), the material it’s built from, and the number of glass panes. It’s also essential to have a qualified window installation company handle putting them into your home, as a tight fit is needed to make the right seal. Zen Windows in Westwood gives you the ability to customize your windows with different types of glass for the energy efficiency to meet with your home’s needs:
- Double-pane glass offers twice the insulation of usual single-pane windows. Double-pane windows create an air pocket between the glass that enhances energy efficiency.
- Triple-pane glass takes insulation a step further than double-page windows. With two gaps of air, heat loss is minimized greatly between the outside and interior of your home. With triple-pane windows, you’ll notice significant differences in hot or colder months.
- Argon or krypton gas can be pumped into the spaces between double-pane or triple-pane glass. The thickness of these gasses slows heat loss more than just air.
- Low-E glass coatings are an excellent feature for enhancing the energy efficiency of your windows and gaining the greatest value from your installation. Specialized coatings on Low-E glass block harsh UV rays and the sun’s heat, maintaining your interior spaces cooler without relying heavily on your HVAC system. It's also effective the other way around depending on how you apply the coating, keeping the heat inside your home from escaping to keep you warmer indoors.
- Warm-edge spacers are used in energy-saving windows instead of metal in the frames. Metal transfers heat too easily to be energy efficient.
- Double-strength glass is 3.2 mm thick compared to the standard 2.5 mm thick. Thicker glass isn't much more expensive and offers better insulation and longevity.
Window Designs and Materials
The materials most commonly used to create windows today include:
Vinyl has become very popular in recent years to capture a share of the market equal to that of traditional wood windows. Zen Windows in Westwood suggests homeowners install new windows made with vinyl because they are better than wood and aluminum in energy efficiency and a much better value overall.
Vinyl windows have added durability and a lifespan similar to wood, which last 15-20 years or longer. Unlike wood, vinyl won't warp, contract, or decay as much due to the weather. The durability and minimal maintenance of vinyl enhance its energy efficiency. While vinyl won't last as long as aluminum (30+ years), aluminum transfers heat quickly and has low energy efficiency. Only fiberglass will outperform vinyl windows, but it's not enough to justify its enormous price tag (typically 30%+ more expensive).
Another factor to think about is the design of the window frame. Zen Windows in Westwood has a varied inventory of window designs to choose from, like:
- Single Hung
- Double Hung
Different styles will offer attractive design to your home. Each functions differently for your needs and will give varying levels of energy efficiency. For example, casement windows open like a door, providing the most ventilation to air out a room more rapidly than single-hung models.
Call Us for New Window Installations
If you’re in the market for residential windows, let our skilled installers handle the job. Just get in touch with us online and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible to discuss the project details. We’re knowledgeable about all designs of windows and the advantages they each provide. Once you’re prepared to start, we’ll go to your home to take accurate measurements and get the installation underway. The products in our inventory are available at different prices to meet the unique needs of our customers in Westwood. Enjoy the window-purchasing process and speak with us about the project you’re envisioning to have all your questions answered before choosing the right one. You can also contact your nearest Zen Windows location to get a precise quote before getting started.
We service the following cities and their surrounding areas: